All honey can be used in skin products. There are four ways in which honey can help your skin:
- Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention.
- Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging.
- Complexion boost: It is moisturizing and soothing.
- Pores: Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
Manuka Honey is preferred for use in skincare. This is due to antibacterial properties, which leaves fewer bacteria to infect pores and cause acne.
- Methylgloxal (MGO) within Manuka Honey has antibacterial effects on the skin. 3
- In addition to bacterial growth inhibition, glyoxal (GO) and MGO from Manuka Honey can enhance wound healing and tissue regeneration by their immunomodulatory property. 4
3. Society for General Microbiology. Science Daily 31 Jan 2012
4. Niak K, Maqbool F, Bahadar H, Abdollahi M; (11 Sep 2017) Current Drug Metabolism; 18(10):881-892